Hillary Clinton announced she was running for President in April 2015. For several weeks the press was up in arms because she refused to entertain questions from the press.
Just prior to her announcement as a candidate for President, it was discovered that she had not been using her State Department E-mail but rather her own personal E-mail from her own private server. She went through her E-mail records and claimed that she sent on her E-mails that were State Department business, then said the rest were personal E-mails about preparation for her mothers funeral and her granddaughter.
Just prior to that, by about a week, it was disclosed that the Clinton Foundation had been accepting foreign donations.
So what questions would the press ask if they were allowed to ask questions of Hillary? They say that they’d like to ask about the E-mails, the foreign donations and her campaign. But those questions were never asked because she wouldn’t hold press sessions. Instead, she would gather at a table with a few people in Iowa to listen to concerns of everyday Iowans. Then it was discovered that the everyday Iowans were hand picked supporters of hers.
There are some very serious and straightforward questions that I and many others would like answered that it’s unlikely the press would ask, and even less likely that she’d answer.
I believe a series of questions should be asked if someone would sit down with her and ask her without worry of intimidation by Clinton or fear that their credentials to be at her events would be revoked.
1. Mrs. Clinton, while your husband was Attorney General and later Governor of Arkansas and then as President of the United States, you were always identified as Hillary Clinton. Once his presidency was over, you ran as Hillary Clinton for the Senate and once elected you began identifying yourself as Hillary Rodham Clinton. Later as Secretary of State, you started off with just Hillary Clinton and then again changed and began using the Rodham. And in your recent release of E-mails your address was listed as HRod. Now you’re running as Hillary while everyone identifies you as Hillary Clinton or Mrs.Clinton, Secretary Clinton or Senator Clinton. If you’re elected President, will you begin using the Rodham again? And why do you use the Rodham after elected or appointed but not when running or lobbying for a position?
2. Mrs. Clinton, in the run up to the Iraq war there was intelligence not just from our own intelligence agencies but other intelligence from around the world that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. They had in fact, used it in their war with Iran prior to that. You were given the same intelligence that President Bush had and you voted for the resolution to authorize military action against Iraq. Later when General Petraeus put together the plan for the surge you were against that plan going so far as to say “The reports that you provide to us really require the willing suspension of disbelief,” Recently, you said that vote was a mistake seeming to blame the Bush administration for fabricating the intelligence. I haven’t heard you say that you made a mistake about the Surge being a mistake. You have admitted being wrong about the run up to the Iraq war. You have not to my knowledge admitted that you were wrong about the surge. If we go further onto the attack in Benghazi, you advocated and even stated that it was due to an obscure video that was proven wrong within days of the attack that cost four Americans their lives. During your campaign for President in 2008, you asked the question regarding then Senator Barack Obama, who would you rather have answering that phone call at 3:00 in the morning? You received that 3:00 a.m. phone call during Benghazi. So my question is, if you’re wrong about the run up to the Iraq war, you’re wrong about the surge, and you were involved in the 3:00 a.m. phone call regarding Benghazi, how many mistakes are permitted for you to make as President of the United States if you can’t avoid mistakes that you’re involved in when not President of the United States?
3. Mrs. Clinton, it was recently discovered that you were using personal E-mail on your personal server. You made it sound as though you personally went through and submitted all E-mails to the State Dept after it was discovered you were using your own E-mail. However, nobody else was given access to your mail. It was solely you that chose the mail that went to the State Dept. Nobody else knows if you were completely honest about that. You even said that nobody would have access to your server and it’s since been reported that you wiped the server clean. That makes it appear you had something to hide since nobody else could see that mail. No independent group or person to verify that you have told the truth regarding government business. However, you said that the State Dept would have copies of it all anyway because you sent it to State Dept E-mail addresses. If that’s true, then why was it necessary for you to turn over 30,000 E-mails to the State Dept if they already had them?
4. Sticking to the E-mail topic, transparency, safety, and privacy are the reasons for government E-mail to be run through government E-mail addresses. By you choosing to use your own personal E-mail, it’s as though you’re saying that you should be trusted without any question while everyone else should be using the government E-mail system so that the government can prove their honesty and transparency. Why is it that you think you deserve an exception to the rules all others must follow and do you understand why the American citizens can wonder about your integrity when you seem to have that attitude?
5. There has been many investigations by news organizations regarding foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation and the increased activity with country’s that make those donations by the State Dept. Countries and companies have made donations to the Clinton foundation and received favorable treatment or increased benefits from the State Dept. Norway, Sweden, Afghanistan, Ireland, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Jamaica, just to name a few. Some have donated to the Clinton Foundation and/or paid speaking fees to you and your husband. In some cases there have been increased aid to some countries after they donated to the Clinton Foundation and some that donated to the foundation and then received increased aid. The first time I read it, it appeared as though countries received favorable treatment because they donated to the foundation, then at one point, I noticed how close the numbers seem to be in some cases and I wondered if maybe a country might donate to the foundation after receiving an increase from the State Dept making it appear as though the State Dept is making the donations to the Clinton foundation using other countries as their conduit. Either way, both ways, it appears as though someone is getting their back rubbed for rubbing another’s back. This doesn’t even address Israel’s concern about arms dealing in the middle east that appears to have happened due to the link between the Clinton foundation and the State Dept. The only visible, at this point, common denominator seems to be you. How do you explain this?
6. The E-mail and the Foreign donations give an appearance of impropriety, but the only real answer from you seems to be that the Foundation does some very good work for needy people all over the world. I think if I was to rob a bank of $1 million dollars and then donate that money to the Prevention of Child Abuse, that there wouldn’t be anyone that would accept my answer about the robbery if my answer was “that money was put to some very good use. There are children that won’t be beaten tonight because of that money.” You are running for the highest office in the land. Shouldn’t you be required to justify asking the people of this country to give you the trust to work in their best interests rather than your own?
7. I have heard you say several times about how important it is for this country to have a female president. I believe that most Americans would like to have the best person available to be the President whether that person is male/female/black or white. Is having a female president more important to you than having the best person for the job?
8. Following the shooting in South Carolina where the nine Americans were shot and killed by the 21 year old American, you tried to blame it on Donald Trump’s announcement for President because his message that day was divisive regarding the criminals coming across from Mexico. Isn’t that using tragedy for political gain?
9. You said that guns were too easily available and that you sided with the President on gun control following the shooting in South Carolina. Isn’t that using tragedy for political gain?
10. Recent polls have said that more than half have no trust in you. In view of the topics we’ve talked about, do you think, that any or all of those topics could have something to do with it or do you intend to blame the Republicans or some ubiquitous Right Wing Conspiracy again for people not trusting you? Do you take responsibility for the lack of trust when you’ve put yourself above the American people when in fact you’re running to represent and lead the all of the American people?
The press rails about Hillary not answering questions, but when given the chance, they don’t ask the tough questions. It’s as though they want to get in Hillary’s good graces for their own benefit. Seems like the last time someone made it about himself, he lost an anchor’s chair. Can you say Brian Williams?
You’re welcome to comment.