Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mitt (John Kerry) Romney



Apparently, former Governor Mitt Romney is going to be the Republican nominee to run against President Barack Obama for President. He was not my first choice. In fact, there were many ahead of him as far as I was concerned. I'd have gladly accepted Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, and even Rick Santorum before Romney.

I'd pretty much decided prior to the primary here in Michigan that it was a toss up between Gingrich, Bachmann and Cain. But then Bachmann dropped out I'd decided a couple of weeks before the primary that I'd be voting for Cain. But then he dropped out. So Gingrich got my vote. Romney only beat out John Huntsman and Ron Paul for me.

I am now supporting Romney and will vote for him in the fall. Romney is not a Conservative. He's actually the Republican version of John Kerry from 2004's election in that he was for something before he was against it. Gun Control, abortion, Government health care. Had Romney and Kerry been running against each other in 2004, we would not be able to tell the difference between the two. They even look somewhat alike.

So should I give up and just sit out this election? Nope. Not me. If we sit this election out we could get Obama for another four years. If anything is worse than getting Romney, it would be four more years of Obama.

I don't believe that Romney will repeal health care. He can't. He's not going to be in the Congress. He can only sign what the Congress sends. So if we want to get rid of Obamacare, we must have a Republican Senate.

Romney could be considered a great President, but not of his doing. Only if we have a Republican Senate and House so that Romney can sign what they send. Ideally, the Senate and House would be controlled by the Tea Party members. Spending would be cut. Romney will sign it. Obamacare would be repealed (If the Supreme Court hasn't already shut it down in June). Taxes would not be raised

I have no doubt that Romney will be good for the economy. I do have alot of doubts about his social policies. He seems willing to go along to get along, which is why I believe it's very important to get a Republican Senate which is at the very least, influenced by the Tea Party if not controlled by the Tea Party.

Even a failed businessman would be better than a man that has never had any business experience and Romney has not been a failed businessman.
Romney is not a Conservative, unless we stand him next to Obama. Except for the die hard Democrats, the one person that is probably thrilled to have Obama as President is former President Jimmy Carter. Obama makes even Carter look like a smart man.

You're welcome to comment.

Brett



No comments: